- The contest is open to individuals only.
- Each individual can submit any number of entries.
- Initial entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com or submitted in person at the library.
- Digital Entries:
- Digital entries should be in EPS, PNG, or JPG format in at least 1000 pixels’ resolution or higher.
- Entries must include the name, age, postal address, phone number, and email address of the entrant.
- Paper Entries:
- Paper copies must be on unfolded, unlined, 8.5×11 paper and should take up as much of the page as possible.
- If submitting a paper copy, please include name, age, postal address, and phone number on the bottom right hand corner of the back of the page, or on a separate page that has been paper-clipped to the entry.
- The deadline for entries is May 3, 2019.
- There is no fee to enter the contest.
- Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below; entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
- Plains Community Library reserves the right to extend all deadlines associated with this contest to ensure that a sufficient number of entries are received.
- When creating a design, think about what the library means to you. Try to include this in your logo.
- The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the Plains Community Library. The logo will be used online, in print, for other carious library uses. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as color. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
- Entrants should take care to ensure that entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images.
- The entry should not contain any inappropriate images or symbols.
- Please limit designs to five colors or less.
- The logo must also contain the words “Plains Community Library” or “Plains Library” or simply our initials “PCL”
- Due to the requirements for high quality printing and resizing entries must be submitted as EPS, JPG, or PNGs 1000 pixels of the logo or on paper.
Subject to the requirements outline above, the winning design will be announced no earlier than June 14, 2019.
The winning logo design will be sent out to be cleaned up for profession use if need be.
The winning designer will receive:
- A $20 cash prize
- A plaque, along with the original artwork will be framed and hung up in the library.
- The right to use the basic logo and identify him/herself as the logo designer.
Judging and Selection of Winner
- The judges (Library employees, Friends of the Library, and Library Board) will narrow down the designs to up to 5 semi-finalists.
- Then the community of Plains will have an opportunity to select their favorites. The ultimate decision is up to the judges, but they will take into consideration, the opinions of the community.
- Plains Community Library reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- Plains Community Library reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion.
- Accepting the prize constitutes permission for Plains Community Library to make public and otherwise use winner’s name, and city of residence for publicity purposes.
- All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
- All entries will become the sole property of the Plains Community Library and may be displayed publically and the library website and social media.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read, understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and the Plains Community Library in relation to the contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreement between the Entrant and the Plains Community Library and relating to the contest.